Friday, May 05, 2006

A Message from Queen Bee


Greetings to all fellow bloggers...
I hope this collection of restaurant reviews from Bratislava, Brixton, Bruxelles, Budapest proves useful.
It's the result of almost 20 years of guzzling and slurping - but not in a totally unladybee-like manner.
If it sounds like endless bliss and gourmet gorging, I'd like to reassure those of you who feel a little green, that I've suffered for my craft - lain awake on endless dark nights with violent stomach ache and got through countless packets of Rennie and Andrews (would they like to sponsor my travels, perchance?)

I've also written about cuisine and wine in Bristol, Barcelona, Brasov, Berlin and Brno and will occasionally feature those fine cities.
My travels are not confined to the Continent, but my destinations must must begin with a 'B', so if any hoteliers/restaurateurs in Buenos Aires, Barbados or Budleigh Salterton would like me to dip my proboscis amongst their petals and stamen (ooer matron) and sip nectar chez lui, just give me a buzz.
Muchas gracias to Zoe for her words of encouragement and advice.
Yes, I see your point about the paragraphs, but unfortunately, I have constant and sometimes uncontrollable literary diarrhoea, and quite often the other sort too, and cannot confine my buzzing to a few sentences.

If I do double spacing for paragraphs, we'll be here all day and your delicate little scrolling finger will go into spasms.
I have sensitive and artistic use of white space, which all page designers know is essential and most bloggers ignore.
Having remembered about the original ratings idea, I have added them to all four previous reviews.

The Bees' Knees rating is the overall buzz about the place, with QueenBee's heartfelt feelings and those of all the other little apiarists who accompany her on these gastro-trips.

My Profile:
Bitter Ballen: a creature of a certain age living in a vague location, but usually Mittel Europa, bumbling from bar to café to restaurant to pub to bistro in search of a quiet life, the perfect gulyás and an end to gall bladder twinges.


Four Bees' reviews are nobody’s opinions but those of Queen Bee and the many honeybees who join her on her gastro-bibulous travels; no desperate advertising department has pushed the increasingly obese bee through the door or held a Kalashnikov to her head as she eats, drinks and writes, then gorges some more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home