Friday, September 01, 2006

BlogDay 2006 - the morning after


[a rare photo of FourBees prowling her office, just before deadline day]

Sorry Baby Bees, I only just realised it was Blog Day 2006 on the morning after.
I was working hard, writing away and never looked up from my sweaty keyboard to check on how the outside (cyber) world was coping in my absence.
In a pathetic attempt to join the party after everyone has long gone home to bed, here is my list of five (new to me) blogs which I check out regularly, when I'm in a blogging mood and not in an almighty, deadline approacheth, 'don't bother me just hand over the Cote D'Or and the Typhoo then leave well alone' mood.

Nuda v Brne An entirely not boring blog about Brno, a place where it is impossible to be even the slightest bit at a loss for something to do.
Cuochi di Carta who kindly gave me a mention yesterday. Nice, clean site with a good use of white space and some enticing recipes. By the way, you should be able to leave a comment on my blog, unless I've buggered it up good and proper...
Tasca da Elvira Gorgeous blog about the most fabulous country, Portugal. Great links. Sob.
Foxy Librarian For some reason, the (Lucida?) font sets my teeth on edge but anyone who posts quotations by Dorothy Parker and an homage to the Battleaxe (my embittered and beastly self being a prime example of one), is alright by me.
Ginger Pixel A talented photographer and redhead from Ireland.

Now, back to the grindstone, churning out the copy, before the EU-tyrant gets home and starts cracking the Magyar Puszta whip....oh the pain, the pain, the glorious pain.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scribacchini said...

Hurrah, you fixed it! Pleased to be able to say hello. Thanks for the link. Kat

11:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, the FourBees published her first photo! Not so misterious anymore. Careful with those knives...

Nice looking site and finally some useful info about Eastern Europe.

2:48 pm  
Blogger Elvira said...

I am very happy to see my little blog here. :-)

Thank you very much!

A big hug from Portugal.

10:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't like the format of a blog (or any web page, really) you can strip that all away in Firefox by going to the View menu and selecting Page Style -> No style.

12:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home