Monday, March 03, 2008

Belgian coast





©A FourBees digigraffitipic ☂☀☁

The Belgian coastline is -sadly - pretty bland. Especially if you're used to the rugged coastline of Cornwall, Devon and Dorset.
Anyway, sometimes in desperation for a spirit-lifting glimpse of the waves, I find myself at the seaside Belge-style.
Knokke-Heist is a bizarre place - a blend of dunes and designer shops.
The dunes are pleasant and the sea air refreshing, however the old trouts botoxed up to the eyeballs with skin the consistency of a leather handbag, schlepping in and out of Louis Vuitton are like something from my worst nightmare.
Two coffees and a tiny piece of apple pie cost 13 euros which really takes the biscuit...or not, probably couldn't afford it.
Knokke-Heist is all about money and nothing about nature.
Nevertheless, there were some brave young lads doing kite-surfing in the freezing March waves....brrrrr!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pics are nicely shot..... it looks beautiful.

7:35 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the information..I want to visit this place in my life once and have that feeling of refreshing sea air

shobin
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

1:28 pm  
Blogger Francis Bell said...

Thanks for the GREAT blog!!! Wonderful pictures , really enjoyed it,especially when I can't go myself,I can see it here-Francis http://www.geothermalquestions.net

9:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home